Communication is essential for making relationships and living a full and meaningful life; it’s important we get it right. I work with individuals, families, support teams and organisations to improve communication for people of any age.
- Learning Disability
- Pre-verbal communication development .
- Paediatric speech and language
- Neurological impairments e.g. epilepsy, dementia.
- The use of story based approaches; using technology to record, share and preserve the stories that contribute to a person’s identity.
I can provide:
- Demonstration of techniques
- Coaching and support to embed recommendations into daily life
- Training/workshops in communication
I can work with you to address your specific needs. Do get in touch, I’m always happy to talk through your situation. Other examples include; team training and facilitation, auditing and applying the 5 Good Communication Standards, preparing for a CQC visit, developing policies for interaction, coaching and follow up for troubleshooting and sustained change.
Contact me to find out more.
You can find the 5 Good Communication Standards here. (Reasonable adjustments to communication that individuals with learning disability and/or autism should expect in specialist hospital and residential settings.)
Produced by the Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists 2013
CQC’s brief guide to Communication Standards for people with a learning disability or autism.